Bi-amp solution for Tannoy R2

Hi folks. I have a pair of Tannoy Revolution R2 loudspeakers. They came with a Marantz surround amp which I used to bi-amp them by using the surround L & R to power the bass. 90 watts per channel. Not bad.

I stumbled, however, on a blown Peachtree Nova and bought it for relatively nothing. I am awaiting a PCB which will put it back in order, and will be using the unit as DAC, Preamp and Poweramp for the Mid/Treble.

My question is, given the existing components (The Marantz will go to my HT setup), what amp would you suggest for powering the bass? I'd like a poweramp with a volume control so that I can tweak the bass level. My budget is somewhere in the $300 range and I prefer to buy used.

I listen to all kinds of music from Glenn Gould to Steely Dan to Pat Metheney to Yes to the Stones. I'm not a basshead; I would like to hear what the recording engineer intended ;-)

A fine day to you all.
modusmongo
I believe yes, but you have to check. You may always have a chance to listen to Wharfdale ones as well before your monetary decision.
UPDATE.

So I ended up "finding" some money and buying a pair of BC Acoustique Ganga. Wow. They are currently bi-amped by the Marantz as I am still waiting for the Peachtree parts. So I guess I'm back to my original question, just with a different pair of speakers - thanks for the nudge Marakanetz ;-)

I will be going usb to the Peachtree DAC and preamp, then driving the mids/highs with the peachtree amp. I'll be looking for a used amp that will drive the bass. Any suggestions? $400 / 300€ roughly.

The Gangas are very efficient (or should I say more efficient than the Tannoy). I have the Marantz amp set about 5 db lower for the same volume I got from the Tannoys.

Is there an argument for not bi-amping? Maybe I should just run the speakers full-range with the Peachtree.

At any rate, I'm having fun and enjoying music that had not really moved me since the 70's.