Low-Powered Tube Amp for Zu Soul MkII?

I'm totally new to tube gear, but I just got a new pair of Zu Soul Mark II speakers, and I think my old solid state integrated might need to be replaced with a tube amp. I've been reading that these high-efficiency speakers really like lower-powered tube amps, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with them. Here are my constraints:

I have a small room.
I'd love to get something that's made in the 'ol USA.
Preferably around or below $2K.
It would be ideal if it could fit inside our existing cabinet, which is 17.5" deep (this rules out the Cronus and maybe even the Sphinx, unless I make some huger changes).

I love the look of the Rogue Cronus and maybe the Sphinx even more, and these prices are conceivable. But one of my conditions is that I need to be able to hide all this stuff, and my cabinet's too small depth-wise for some of these bigger amps, sadly.

Thanks for any suggestions!
dungan
I think we might punt: get something smaller and cheaper (and maybe not made here) for now, and then move on up to something more serious and spendy later when we have more cash to do it right... Like a Cary or Melody. Eventually, maybe preamp/poweramp. I'll be watching this board for used amps, and thanks to the knowledgeable people who were kind enough to comment!
There is nothing wrong with Melody. Buy an MK88, it is *not* a stop gap, but a very good integrated and better than anything I've heard from Cary, Decware or Dynaco...

If you are sane, it actually has the potential to be your last amp.
I'm listening to an Almarro 318B with my Omens right now.YUMMY. I'm waiting to hear from Hugh about the Melody MK88