Suggestions for a good stereo preamp and amp

I have a pair of b&w 704s, which I have been driving with Rotel rsx 1057 for the last 7 yrs. My receiver is not working.I need to repair it with factory later. I also have a Rel T1 sub and Oppo bdp93. The speakers are 150w in 8 ohms. The rotel only had 75 watts/Ch, and I always thought I never did justice to the speakers. I still want to stay with 2.1 system,but need to move to separates.I do not have a very large budget, but may be able to spend up to 1500 dollars. I heard about Emotiva, but not totally sold on it.If some of my good friends who own a pair off b&w speakers can offer suggestions, that will be wonderful. This system is in the family room, not enclosed.
mammen1
Thanks sir. I like Krell myself but thought it might not be in my reach. I appreciate the response.
If you like the Krell, I wouldn't be to fast to rule it out. I think its possible get a good used one and still be within budget.
1-get something with a sub output.
2-do you need video switching? Is this used for tv or audio only?
3-to get a noticable difference in power, you will more or less have to double the wattage. A multi channel receiver will put out more power into 2 channels vs 5 or 7.
There's lots of neat receivers out there that have all of the features you will ever need and lots of power too. Look at Anthem, Sherbourn, Arcam, NAD, and much more.
"3-to get a noticable difference in power, you will more or less have to double the wattage. A multi channel receiver will put out more power into 2 channels vs 5 or 7."

There's more to it than that. Its hard to judge the power an amp by looking at a spec sheet.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand why many will try to steer you toward an integrated unless you're talking about spending thousands of dollars.

Since you're running a REL you don't need a sub out. ZD is also right about amps. You can't just go by the ratings. I'll just about guarantee you that any good 75wpc amp with a good power supply will drive your speakers better than that receiver did.

If I was starting out and had 1500 to spend, I'd be looking at something like a McCormack DNA 1 or .5, both of which I've seen here for under 1k and spend the rest on a preamp. I just picked up a Marsh P2000 for 400 here on agon.