PMC vs. Salk Sound Speakers. Which is better?

PMC speakers out of England have come on like a freight train in recent years including being awarded an Emmy for outstanding performance as speakers in mixing sound tracks for top motion pictures. Their high end home line of speakers always get good reviews but their prices seem very high compared to other speakers. Salk appears to make great speakers at much lower prices. For example, the Salk Veracity HT3 costs $6K and the PMC PB1i cost $14K. Has anyone compared these brands and which do you think is better?
audiozen
I've heard the best Salks, a very natural sound, I've read that PMC, which I've never heard, are first and foremost rock speakers, Do you agree Jaxwired?
Schubert, the PMCs do sound amazing with rock music, but I listen to a lot of indie, alternative, acoustic, blues, and folk rock as well. They sound bloody amazing with everything I play. If you have a stellar recording, they sound shockingly lifelike. They are the most accurate mid range I've ever heard (talking about my ib2 here). The bass is full range and has more power than any speaker I've ever heard yet never sounds boomy or bloated. The only down side I can find is they sound best with loads of power. Everyone has different taste, but in my 30 years of enjoying this hobby buying the PMC ib2 has made me happier by far than any other single purchase. I'm a music lover first and an audiophile second. A lot of audiophiles say that, but they are often full of it. If you love music more than buying equipment (and there's no shame if you don't), then I strongly recommend trying PMC speakers.
Laughing at the person who stated that $16,000 PMC's sound like $16,000 speakers. I have Salk Soundscape 8's which were $9000 and yet they sound like $16,000 speakers for half the price! LOL . Will PMC custom-make spepakers for you? No. Salk does-maybe one of the reasons mine sound so great is the Mundorf Silver in Oil capacitors which I had asked for. I havent noticed any genre of music that isnt terrific on the Salk's and I have both CD and vinyl. Is the Salk the greatest speaker ever? Of course not, but it's crazy-good for what you pay for.
Laughing at you mrmitch for being so self deluded that you think the other 1000 speakers that claim to sound like speakers "COSTING TWICE THE PRICE" are all wrong, but YOUR speakers REALLY, REALLY DO!!! I swear, they really do! God, how foolish can you be?
And BTW, mrmitch if you knew anything about engineering you would know that having a "custom made" speaker is nothing to brag about. It makes you 10 times more likely to pay a lot of money for a speaker that looks good but sounds like cr@p. Great design and great engineering is process of refinement and evolution. I'd much rather have a speaker that the designer poured over for years slowly improving and refining (like PMCs) than a one off "custom designed " speaker. What makes a speaker sound good is NOT simply quality parts, (what a ridiculous concept)' but the designer knowing the perfect use of just the right parts and that comes from years of investment in a design not a "custom" design. LMFAO!