PMC vs. Salk Sound Speakers. Which is better?

PMC speakers out of England have come on like a freight train in recent years including being awarded an Emmy for outstanding performance as speakers in mixing sound tracks for top motion pictures. Their high end home line of speakers always get good reviews but their prices seem very high compared to other speakers. Salk appears to make great speakers at much lower prices. For example, the Salk Veracity HT3 costs $6K and the PMC PB1i cost $14K. Has anyone compared these brands and which do you think is better?
audiozen
Totally agree with you wrm57. I just object to the nonsensical attitude expressed by a few on this thread that basically are saying "yeah, sure, PMCs sound great, but just look at those cheap parts in the crossover." A speakers price should be mostly a factor of it's sound quality. If we attach a "rip off" label to every speaker whose price is not justified by the cost of the raw materials we'd have a really long list. If a speaker costs less to make but sounds competitive in its price bracket than I say bravo to that brilliant piece of engineering. It also calls into question the validity that those exotic and costly parts are more than just marketing gimmicks. Apparently they are not necessary. But they do provide something to brag about. "Forget the sound, do you have any idea what type of inductor is inside that cabinet!!!!"
Again
PMC IB2 are a great buy at used prices but are a bit overpriced new..
They have pinpoint accuracy and never fatigue or compress which makes them a excellent speaker in my books.......at used price!!!.
If you want to start a rock recording studio buy PMC, if you want to listen to acoustic music buy Salk .
Jaxwired, maybe you had better do your homework and look into Dennis Murphy's credentials as far as knowing how to implement quality parts into something great.