Magico Comparison

I noticed that there is currently for sale a pair of Q3's for $23k and a pair of M5's for sale for $22.8. That is quite a discount from list on the M5's which retailed for $89k and a reasonable reduction on the Q3 list of $37k. Has anyone listened to both of these speakers? I think the Q3 sounds really great but I also have been very satisfied with my used V3s. It will be interesting to see if the tremendous depreciation that marked the previous generation of Magicos (Mini I and II, V2, V3 and particularly M5) occurs with this new generation of CNC machined enclosure units.
teeshot
I am not impressed with Magico - brittle comes to mind. Also a guy I know has a LOT of experience with Magico being invited to private demonstrations by the maker, Wolf. He is even less impressed, telling Wolf just what he thought - and it was not complementary. For my money the Rockport Mira 2 murders any Magico's as well as some others I know by a small maker where I live - but unless you are in Australia I wont mention those because there in no way for you to hear them.

If you are spending that sort of money you must listen to them - sorry no shortcut. But do check out the Rockports - I think you will be impressed.

Thanks
Bill
Magico is wonderful sounding with high resolution amp and preamp etc Wolf is not wonderful everyone knows that.Rockport is another great speaker thats what makes a horse race.
I second the Rockport's. I have heard 4 different model Rockport's at Goodwins High End and I would die to get any one of them.
Jwm, I take offense to that. And the OP stated clearly that he likes the Q3. Why
come onto a thread and insult the OP and other participants.

The OP is asking about Magico speakers. I tried to provide him with some
information about the specific two models in which he is interested. If people
don't like Magico, that's fine, but please, don't hijack another Magico thread by
criticizing Magico and promoting another brand. The OP had not yet asked for
other suggestions.