Is the V.P.I. Traveler made in China

A retailer told me there is no way at this price point it could be made in the United States. As far as I know V.P.I. makes all their products in the U.S.
taters
Kidman-
I can tell you with certainty there are manufacturers at higher quality and prestige levels than VPI that indeed use off-shore suppliers for the bulk of their parts yet claim everything is made in USA. I know some well. I hate to say this but in the end, does it matter? There are plenty of poor tolerance things, including turntables, made exclusively in the USA.
Like Bucenero, it is irresponsible to make these acusations without even a hint of proof or support.

I think that VPI has earned the reputation of building quality products and nothing in my experiences has led me to believe that they would resort to false or deceptive advertising.
Their products speak for themselves
VPI is foundational as to what is still outstanding about US ingenuity, design and manufacturing, and to suggest otherwise, is, at the least in my opinion, in poor taste and judgement.
Please, get off your high horse(s). I did not accuse VPI, re-read my post. I'm saying none of us can be sure, and that goes for any manufacturer, because many secretly have things done in the far east, and that is FACT. Admitted to me by several. Been in the industry 3 decades, I know a bit about how it runs, who is doing what.
Now, if this is a fact: "I've been to the factory and seen VPI tables, including Travellers, in various stages of assembly. These are hand built from machined parts that are also made almost entirely in New Jersey by local machine shops"

then it would make me believe they were done in USA.
Stevecham- I agree.
If you are going to accuse a company of something, at least bring something that resembles evidence. Otherwise your motivation is going to be questionable.
Do VPI turntables have problems, Yup. Do they screw up things, yup. But to question the "Made in America" slogan that they hang their hat on leads me to beleive that there may be an underlying motivation for the accusation.
Listen, I am not a lap dog for VPI but any company that does at least a good job of trying to put out good products for a reasonable price deserves "benefit of doubt" status until you bring some kind of supporting documentation.