Gyrodec vs Well Tempered Amadeus

I presently own a MKII version of the Gyrodec bought as a demo unit in 1990 with RB300 tonearm upgraded with Techno Weight. The only mods to the Gyrodec are new two piece towers, nylon spacers for arm board and black tak under the skeleton. I use a Blackbird cartridge.

My question is, would a WT Amadeus sound better than what I already have using the same cartridge. Or would i be better off fully upgrading the Gyrodec with new DC motor, plater bearing and Graham 2.2 tonearm?

Upgrade cost about $1500 plus about $1500 for used Graham arm. So about same price as a new WT Amadeus.

Thanks.
hartonr
Thanks Roscoeiii for your reply. I will take a look at at what both you and Robert Greene had to say.
Hey Vortrex,

I take it that you prefer the Rock 7 over that of the GTA, as I see you have the GTA up for sale.

Did you have a chance to compare either the GTA or Rock to the Raven?
No_regrets - No I haven't, yet to hear the Raven myself.

I think the GTA is an amazing table. It thoroughly beat my previous VPI Classic in every regard. For something to sound this good with the fixed cart mount and simplistic design is nothing short of incredible.

As everyone talks about, the Rock 7 bass is something to behold. One review described the Rock 7 with Helius as "mastertape-like" and I can understand that. The only downside is the Townshend quality is quite shoddy.
The only downside is the Townshend quality is quite shoddy.

And it is not pretty to look at. Downright ugly... IMO.