can u cut longer interconnects and reterminate?

Is there a problem with cutting a longer cable and have it reterminated to a new length- I have moved my system around and do not need the 10 meters I have but do not want to buy new cables- Is there a problem with just buying new rca plugs and have them reterminated or does that effect the sound - thanks
fluffers
Synergistic Research won't do it either. I think there theory is that by not doing it, you will have to buy more cables.
I just received from Delphi the two pair of Masterbuilt Signature balanced interconnects that I had them reterminate. I had a 4 meter pair cut to a 2-1/2 and a 1-1/2 meter pair. The cost was around $200 plus the four new XLR connectors.
05-01-13: Swampwalker

I think it's cheesy that Kubala won't work on their own cables.
you got that right, Rja.
Swampwalker (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)

06-15-13: Markus1299
Synergistic Research won't do it either. I think there theory is that by not doing it, you will have to buy more cables.
Markus1299 (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Usually one pays a premium for the 1st meter and then a fraction for an additional meter. What prevents someone purchasing a long cable, say 20 meters, and ask the manufacturer reterminate to 19 one meter cable, keep some and sell the rest? Or a 3M and reterminate to 1 and 2M? At the end, the company loses profits/$$ so I understand their retermination policy.
some cable manufacturers like Kubala & Purist will never do that because their cables are serially numbered and in case they reterminate into smaller lengths the additional pieces so obtained would, according to them, generate problems relating to serial numbers, warranties etc..