Elvis - 30 Years Ago Today, RIP

What an icon!

My first memorable exposure to 'The King' was the 1968 comeback TV special. I was only 4 but I can remember the EXCITEMENT in the house more than the show itself - my mom and her sisters all making cat calls. To this day it is my most favorite performance.

Anyhow, hats off to the legend. A little something on Youtube I enjoyed in rememberence:

Elvis 1968
slothman
Elvis,Jesus and Coca Cola the three most well known words in the world according to Kinky Friedman.
"Elvis,Jesus and Coca Cola"

Wow. I hate all 3.

American culture must be better than that!!!!
FWIW,

Being the audio kook that I am, at Graceland, I tried to identify the components in Elvis's audio systems.

I saw two systems, 1 in his "TV" room and one in the lounge in the racquetball building which I think is where he was found dead.

Not sure what brand they were from a distance. The rig in the racquetball/lounge building looked like Crown separates perhaps? Anybody know for sure?

Couldn't identify the speakers.

Elvis had some nice gear for the time, but nothing earth shattering compared to what a lot of us have these days.

He also had some nice vintage bookshelf speakers located throughout his jet.

Yes, I'd say Elvis qualified as an audiophile in his day, so we should probably give him some love here for that....
That is cool that you took note of the audio systems Elvis had when visiting Graceland. I have never been there yet,but I will hae to look myself. It is not surprising that he had some good systems (for that time period).