Adele cd...bad mix/recording

Anyone heard this new release from Adele..The track Chasing pavements sounds great through my car radio,bought the cd and played it through a better than good system and it sucks.Took to my main system and tried it,even worse.The mix is all wrong,guitars are recorded with distortion and IMO the backing band is unnatural sounding like computer generated tracks.Drums are totally recorded wrong..Columbia records sure did get this one wrong from a promissing young artist
missioncoonery
The really sad thing is that this "hot" sound may be at Adele's request or approval thinking that it enhances the track. Perhaps she just doesn't know any better.
Stop blaming the software. It's the high end hardware companies that voice everything tilted up. I think they do this to give the impression of extra detail, etc in the showroom on those demo recordings. Or maybe to appeal to wealthy buyers who tend to be on in years and whose hearing ability maybe somewhat rolled off.

And if I am wrong... and my (modern) pricy hardware is accurately voiced... then every rock and roll recording engineer since 1958 is wrong. Every stock car stereo is wrong. Apple is wrong. Most electronics over 30 years old are wrong. Rant Rant Rant
I have lots of recordings, and most sound like crap. Except the many $50+ reissues.

I need a system that makes great music from available recordings. My highest compliments to you if your system does this lady's voice justice.
Isnt a great sounding album on a great sounding rig going to sound great in a car? The reverse isnt true though because sounding good in a car doesnt always work at home.
Tom Pettys MoJo sounds awesome no matter where its played.
Joekras,

No its not. Particularly on Adele recordings. Some of the songs sound fine. Some of the songs sound fine and then all of a sudden get this shrilly compressed sound. Her voice is the instrument. Why screw it up? Makes no sense except they are going for a sound that I just don't get.
It would be called the 'Loudness War'. Yes, it is planned by the 'record' companies. That, combined with not setting up micing as well as possible.

And yes, we are a blip on the screen. I am glad that I am old enough to be done with 'Pop' music. Although it certainly does cross over into too many modern Jazz recordings. I am always amazed that the production of the 50s and 60s jazz recordings are very good, and they make todays main line releases unlistenable.