Originals vs. reissues/current issues

I've spent all day, again, listening and I've been not very inpressed by all of the LPs I've played until I put on an original ELP "Brain Salad Surgery" Manticore.
Ahh!!! All day and finally the total musical (whole) I've been craving.
128x128slaw
I usually seek out 1st pressings, and on the whole they've been better than re-issues. Once in awhile though a reissue comes along that beats the original, like Mofi's reissue of Santana's 2nd album.
Macdadtexas, I listen to it because it is a GREAT lp! Music affects everyone in a very different way. How can you dismiss my admiration for one band for another, in the way you did? I usually take the dismissive posts, but this time I'm not. Try putting one of YOU're Personal Favorites out there for the vultures to tear apart! I certainly wouldn't say, How could you even like that band, out of hand. Music affects people in very personal ways.
Slaw, Macdad thinks that everything he prefers is the best and everything else sucks. This is just one of those things you have to learn to let slide on internet forums. I know that is not always easy to do but it keeps highly opinionated people from pissing you off all the time.
You mean I just wasted $35 on a Japanese SLM version of Tarkus? Oh No!

Not any worse than Yes IMHO.