Lou Reed/Metallica "Lulu" just awful

Just checked out Lou Reed's latest album Lulu. He is backed by Metallica. Lulu may be one of the worst albums of all time.As a long time Reed fan I am willing to give him a certain amount of artistic license. However, this offering is simply unlistenable.
maxnewid
Thanks for the heads up. As far as I'm concerned Lou is perfectly capable of putting out garbage. I do have a lot of respect for him, but geez, get a grip. Leave us with something Lou.
A big Reed fan here, but Reed and Metallica is just wrong on so many levels...YIKES.
I've been a huge Lou fan...his music changed my life...but IMO he seems to have gone off the rails, unfortunately becoming a parody (of a parody) of himself. I thought the Onion music review of Lulu was dead on (and absolutely hilarious!). Here's an excerpt:

"...that feature Reed bleating like a dementia-stricken uncle over his nephewsÂ’ numbskull garage band".

I wouldn't mention it...because different strokes for different folks...but Lou was SO "anti" this type of thing coming up...it's just so painfully ironic. I'm afraid he's fallen victim to his own enormous ego.

Again: Only my opinion...which (don't forget) is what this forum's about.