Lou Reed/Metallica "Lulu" just awful

Just checked out Lou Reed's latest album Lulu. He is backed by Metallica. Lulu may be one of the worst albums of all time.As a long time Reed fan I am willing to give him a certain amount of artistic license. However, this offering is simply unlistenable.
maxnewid
Bill for a NY-metro guy you need to get out more. Magic and Loss, Lou's fine tribute to Doc Pomus, forgives all sins. New York is fab-- hello goodbye to Giuliani and the Holloween parade. Set the Twilight Reeling is all egg cream, Songs for Drella is elegy to Warhol's NY with the great John Cale, Legendary Hearts is Rt. 80 on a Kawasaki, Growing Up in Public with your pants down. The best of LR is personal and transcendant.
great posts. I love the old Reed stuff. When it comes to listening to rock and roll on the heavy side, I would rather listen to classic Sweet Jane off of Rock and Roll Animal than anything Metallica has ever released.But hey, that's just me. I guess I am showing my age because I prefer music that will stand the test of time.
I like a lot of the Velvet's material - and I suspect that it was really influential for guys like Brian Eno and the others who started the process of "abstracting" the r'n'r backbeat for more than momentum and urgency. I also like Reed's first solo album (s/t) and Berlin (almost despite myself). After that (1973?), my response to his records started a long, pretty steady decline. Only a few of his records over the last 40 years have registered for me at all.

Marty
MI8764ag,
It takes real adoration and pure BS to claim Lou made that album "intentionally bad" and the joke was on everyone. Trust me, Lou is hardly that bright, it was bad because an idiot made it nothing more. How can this guy be called brilliant is way beyond me, from his Velvet days and beyond he is stupidity amplified.