Lou Reed/Metallica "Lulu" just awful

Just checked out Lou Reed's latest album Lulu. He is backed by Metallica. Lulu may be one of the worst albums of all time.As a long time Reed fan I am willing to give him a certain amount of artistic license. However, this offering is simply unlistenable.
maxnewid
I've mostly been listening to LuLu on headphones while working. Good background music. To me the "Loutallica" experiment was just awful primarily due to Lou Reed IMO. I enjoyed Metallica's guitar parts but Lou Reed's fragmented/fractured poetry songs whatever you want to call it really gets me. I would have liked it if they split it up. Say one of Lou Reed's poems followed by Metallica's guitar jams inspired by the poetry.

One song sounds like a metal band jamming and then a old angry man walks in on the concert and starts rambling.

Well I'm assuming both parties had fun putting together this "art". Hopefully Metallica's next collaboration will be better executed.
Lou Reed + Metallica???

Haven't heard it but it doesn't add up for me on paper.

Sounds like a bad idea. At least Dylan and the Dead sounded good on paper.

Death Magnetic is the most recetn Metallica I have heard. It ranks pretty high on the ear bleed scale in terms of its loudness wars mettle. Metallica might get by with this somehow but I can't see it working for Lou Reed at all if that were the case?

Ed Reed, maybe....

Scooby Doo did not do much for the Three Stooges either.
There is nobody who has abused his talents more than Lou...maybe rod stewart...that being said...street hassle is a lost gem...iggy solo is hit or miss....new values is amazing