Mozart Fans Only

If you love Mozart as I (and Einstein)do, here's a great CD I just picked up. Boston Symphony Chamber Players - Chamber Music for Winds and Strings. A great selection of small-scale works. I highly recommend it for people just testing the waters of classical music. Very good playing and easy to listen to. Hybrid SACD, for those who have hi-rez players, but it will play on all CD players. Enjoy.
More about music - less about gear.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/38651/Boston_Symphony_Chamber_Players-Mozart_Chamber_Music_For_Winds_and_Strings-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD]Mozart SACD
chayro
Schubert, well said. In view of all of this, perhaps the name Wolfgang Gottleib is an appropriate name for my dog after all.
Agree 100% with Frogman on the Gran Partita - a must for Mozart chamber music. He also wrote much other fine wind music, especially for the wind octet, and also arranged a few of his operas for that ensemble. If I could form any chamber ensemble I wanted, it would be a wind octet.
Schubert was even better than Beethoven , only Bach bettered him, only Mozart equaled him.
All three stood on the shoulders of Haydn.