Why does most new music suck?

Ok I will have some exclusions to my statement. I'm not talking about classical or jazz. My comment is mostly pointed to rock and pop releases. Don't even get me started on rap.... I don't consider it music. I will admit that I'm an old foggy but come on, where are some talented new groups? I grew up with the Beatles, Who, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix etc. I sample a lot of new music and the recordings are terrible. The engineers should be fired for producing over compressed shrill garbage. The talent seems to be lost or doesn't exist. I have turned to some folk/country or blues music. It really is a sad state of affairs....Oh my god, I'm turning into my parents.
goose
I guess everyone defines what makes excellent music. Mine is different than yours Goose and that is OK.

For me if I like an artist I try to get all of their recordings and listen to them all. I have recordings from artist that span decades and you can imagine the quality of the recordings are vastly different. But I love them all and I listen to them all.

Do people only listen to recordings they feel are "great"? That just seems like a waste to me.

I actually have some poorly recorded music of artist I love and I actually take them with me to audio stores. I do this because if it sounds so bad that I don't want to listen to it, I don't want the system. Now I also take "Audiophile" recordings as well.
Goose , you asked for a list of some great music from the past few years, and I suggested 9 albums to listen to start.
By ignoring these great music selections you make it evident that you really only want to bitch and whine about the current state of music.
There is plenty of music being produced every year that is as good or even better than the Beatles ,Stones,Who, etc... IMHO
Most audiophiles on here are saying the same thing I am. You have two fellow detractors patting you on the back for your spirited negativity.
Goose listen to some music with an open mind. If you go into listening sessions with negativity and skepticism chances are you will dislike these awesome albums. If you don't want to trust my taste in music, go check the archives here for album of the years for the past ten years. There is plenty of great albums in there. Try the online magazine Pitchfork for their best albums.
Chances are you will ignore my past two post, not listen to any of the fine suggestions I've put forward . You will continue your pointless rant about the state of pathetic music today , while hundreds of fantastic albums/bands allude your closed mind.
Toddnkaya I did check out your suggestions and didn't find anything that did it for me. Hey that's OK, so I will just continue to listen.