Headphone amp combo ideas?

I have been always fascinated by headphone amp combination and the level of pleasure getting the hobby to such a personal level.

But i have to confessed that i had never own any headphone amp, i am up to discover the unknown and certainly open to suggestions.

thanks
128x128junglern
Podeschi, have you managed to try the Naim Headline with the Beyerdynamic T1? If not, don't bother to reply.

Thanks.
Headline looks cool - never heard it before. I imagine Naims pace and punch would be a good match. It's specs show it should easily drive 600 ohm T1s. Nice thing about Beyerdynamic A1 head amp is I bet they voiced te T1s with it, it has two inputs and an output.

Headline specs:
Suitable for headphones
8 Ohms to 2 KOhms

Frequency response
-3dB @ 10Hz & 72kHz

Power output (into 8 Ohms)
560mW per channel

Max output voltage
3.7V rms into 2kOhms

Voltage gain
+13.5dB

Dimensions (H x W x D):
57 x 121 x 187mm
Thanks for the response, much appreciated. It is good to hear the Headline can drive the T1s. Just a bit wary on the combination as the Headline doesn't seem to be a very popular headphone amp amongst regular folks.

The Beyerdynamic A1 looks nice and appears to be high-quality, a natural partner to flagship Beyerdynamic models, but I'm considering the Headline as I have an unused NAPSC power supply unit(sitting around for more than 1 year now) that can be used to power the Headline.

Thanks again for the post.
Not to be armchair qb, but if it was me I would sell the naim PS and put it toward an A1 which can be had new for $700-800.
04-29-12: Podeschi
Headline looks cool - never heard it before. I imagine Naims pace and punch would be a good match. It's specs show it should easily drive 600 ohm T1s. Nice thing about Beyerdynamic A1 head amp is I bet they voiced te T1s with it, it has two inputs and an output.

Headline specs:
Suitable for headphones
8 Ohms to 2 KOhms

Frequency response
-3dB @ 10Hz & 72kHz

Power output (into 8 Ohms)
560mW per channel

Max output voltage
3.7V rms into 2kOhms

Voltage gain
+13.5dB

Dimensions (H x W x D):
57 x 121 x 187mm

Noting that this headphone amp outputs 0.56W/ch into 8 Ohms, I do not see how this amp can effectively power a 600 Ohms headphone. It will run out of voltage swing very quickly as the power supply rails are not large enough in terms of voltage.
I also note that it outputs 3.7Vrms into 2KOhms. So, if you had a 600 Ohms headphone your max line output voltage would be linearly scaled 600Ohms/2Kohms * 3.7Vrms = 1.11Vrms. Maybe 1.11Vrms is enough to drive a 600 Ohms headphone? Maybe not.....

OTOH I see that there are a multitude of power supplies available for this headphone amp such as NAPSC, FlatCap XS, HiCap, SuperCap. If you got the "correct" NAIM power supply to match up with the "correct" headphone then I could see how this amp could be "Suitable for headphones 8Ω to 2KΩ".
I think that there is something hidden/not obvious re. this headphone amp in that, I feel, that one cannot take any headphone & any powersupply & be successful. It might cost you a bomb (the power supplies are EXPENSIVE!!) to successfully drive a 600 Ohms headphone.
If I were you I would not take the "Suitable for headphones 8Ω to 2KΩ." at face value.....
IMHO. FWIW.