Cable Elevators killed my bass

I purchased a set of 8 Cable Elevators locally on consignment recently for experimentations' sake and was shocked to hear how they seemingly sapped my speakers/system of a couple of hertz of bass output. I have stand-mounted monitors with limited bass so this effect was not subtle. However, every last vestige of grain, haze and artifice in the mid and upper frequencies was gone (and I mean GONE!) as well so this tweak seems to be a double-edged sword that I feel like falling on. Anyone else out there have a similar experience with disappearing bass?
hifijones
Kbarkamian, so why do you read it and post? These ideas yield subtle effects, but positive effects nevertheless. I have never found anything other than ceramics that work, but that is for everyone to judge for themselves.
@ Kbarkamian - point taken. It is absurd to elevate cables in our quest for the nth degree of refinement; however, not unlike spending $400 for 3 footers, or using things like little myrtlewood blocks, or cd mats, or maple cutting boards, or...

It's all absurd. But I can hear differences. Once you accept you're an audiophile, and except just one 'absurd' thing as actually working, you're all in whether you like it or not. Try it and see, absurdity aside.

BTW my question still stands
Hi Tholt

I have my SCs and PCs in my system elevated either with Myrtlewood blocks that raise the cords approx 3 inches above the ground or I've just tied the cords in such a fashion that they are off the ground entirely by more than a ft. It is an ugly mess but they are off the ground. Now I never had any loss in bass response but then my system is not as nice as yours.

FWIW I did lose some bass boomminess when I changed out my subwoofer isolation platform. I have a Velodyne subwoofer that is facing downwards and I was using an Auralex SubDude that raised my subwoofer 2.5" from the ground. I changed it out for limestone tiles that now have the sub raised 4.5"-5" above the ground.

Good luck in tracking down the issue.
Tholt, I have always found wood robs the music of its pace and thrill. I would include bass in that. Try cd boxes, but if you really want the best go to china cups. I use special ceramic feet that look like electrical isolators but they are no longer made. They are from Rightway Audio.
Maybe my 'tone' or choice of words came across harsher than intended. One of the downfalls of reading text vs seeing and hearing someone speak. I think it's stupid to tell people what they can and can't hear.

I've tried a lot of 'absurd' things too. Some changed the sound (better and worse), some didn't. I tried hockey pucks and some Ikea wooden X-shaped book ends (a 6 Moons guy wrote about the bookends) as cable elevators. There was no difference to my ears. All of the tweaks I've used were either things I already had at home (like the book ends, butcher blocks) or things I could return for a full refund.

I just can't wrap my head around how elevating cables and/or moving them and letting them settle can effect the sound. Unless you're getting them away from each other or something that causes interference, of course.