Zanden transport and DAC or PC audio system

My digital front is a Zanden tranport and Dac, and as I did not ever heard a PC audio system, my simple question is: Can a good PC audio system(PC or Mac with one very good DAC)sound at least as well as my pair of Zanden?
I´m very interested , because I think that the PC audio has very good things as can be easy storage, easy to find one CD or song, no more CD´s at home...and if the sound is as good, I think that PC audio is the way
emigene
Emigene,
I have the same digital front end as you have and it is indeed wonderful. It easily bettered the dcs stack in redbook performance. I then bought Steve Nugents's (Empirical Audio) SPOILER USB dac with his PACECAR clock inside, which is synchronised with my laptop. On my big Sound Labs it easily beat the Zanden Combo in several parameters, throwing a much better sound stage both in width and depth. All in all, to my ears, the Spoiler affords the best rendition of Redbook CDs, ripped to my computer, I have heard so far and at much less cost.
Thanks for your post, at the end, perhaps, the question should be : what sounds better one great digital front(Zanden, dCS, MBL, EMM labs, Wadia...) or one very good digital PC front, that´s is the TRUE and REAl question
Emigene,
Exactly! I have just had occasion to listen to a ReQuest Server on my system and again evidence seems to point in the direction of a good digital PC front.

( on the other hand though, as an afterthought, last night I listend to a Brazilian pressed LP of the great Milton Nascimento through the analog side of my system (Goldmund Ref and arm, both modified, Clearaudio, Wavac Phono and later switched to the Zanden and afterwards the Spoiler. The difference was so shocking, that I stopped listening and broke off the session. I had not listened to vinyl for a while.... Next time around I'll start with digital and end up with vinyl, never the other way around again )