Higher End USB Cables

Anyone tried/compared the newer high-end USB Cables (i.e. Locus Design Polestar or Ridgestreet model)? Curious if they're worth the $300+ price tag, particularly since Locus doesn't offer demo or return policy (can't speak to Ridgestreet). I do know there's differences in the cheap throw-away ones, much like different USB ports on the same computer.
mb9061
Color me skeptical - but I just put a Locus Polestar in my rig and the difference is dramatic.

This is the proverbial window wiped clean kind of change - best I can figure is that Lee and his buddies have managed to eliminate a whole lot of trash and grunge in the mids and upper regions. The effect is much more detail, more air and as a result a much more layered and nuanced presentation.

The reason I find this so surprising is that the Polestar is attached to my battery powered Opticis fiber cable - there is obviously much more to this design then just isolating the 5v lines coming from the USB port on the computeer.

And to think I was a data is data guy...
Hey Mb9061, you stated earlier;
"I was mulling over the Locus Design Polestar, but he doesn't offer demo periods. Ridge Street indicated a 45 day demo period. Not sure I'll cough up $450 for a USB cable just yet, but maybe eventually."

Just to let you know as of 5/15/09, Locus Design is now offering a 30 day trial on their cables with a 20% restocking fee on returns. I will repeat my earlier advise Mb9061, DON'T try these cables unless you are serious about spending the $$$ as returning them will hurt much more than that 20% retsocking fee . LOL

Robin
Just bit the bullet and ordered an Axis usb cable from Lee at Locus. Thanks to all who contributed an opinion, and thanks to the original poster, Mb9061, for initiating this thread.