24bit wave to CD?

i have some 24bit tracks composed by myself and have tried many different ways of burning to try and maintain the 24bit quality but all programs automaticaly change files to 16bit!

I have a 24bit a3.2 MF player so i imagine it can play true 24bit and is not just upsampling? anyone have experience of this?
mattslade
The Musical Fidelity CD player you have can not read 24 bit information - only 16 bit "redbook CD" formatted discs...same as every other CD player.

24 bit references the way that your player reads the 16 bit data.

DVD-A is the only way you will be able to keep intact the 24 bit tracks you have.
Or ... Blu-ray. That's another option.

Old school you could do 24bit DAT tape.. !

Regards,
DVd-Audio authoring is not required. Two channel 24bit linear pcm is permittable in the DVD_Video spec.
DVd-Audio authoring is not required. Two channel 24bit linear pcm is permittable in the DVD_Video spec.

while the DVD-Video spec allows for 24 bit LPCM, it must be sampled at either 48 kHz or 96 kHz. The DVD-Audio specification allows for 24 bit LPCM at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz.

Based on that, if the original material is 24/48 or 24/96, then either the DVD-Video spec or the DVD-Audio spec will work. If the material is something other than 48 or 96 kHz, then you can't use DVD-Video.