Any member feedback from C.E.S. 2006?

Anyone have any comments or discovery of some exciting new products?

I'd like to read some comments on:

New Wadia SACD players
New VTL amplifiers
DarTZeel preamp
Vandersteen Quatro
Any replacement for the Nordost Valhalla?
Shunyata Helix AC cables
Any standout rooms?
fsarc
A standout room for me was the Ginko Audio Tubulous speakers with the Modright tube preamp, CIA Digital monoblock amps, Scoutmaster turntable and modied 3910 digital. The speakers are something special and look to be a bargain at $2450.

The most unusual amp I saw and auditioned was the Gaylord Audio 200WPC Triode and watercooled. $59,000 a pair! I found the sound rather bright but that may have been the Legend speakers. There was lots of air, detail and a wide, deep soundstage.
The Quatro now comes as an option with wood up both sides, and up the front to the bottom of the drivers (~ 75%). The full sock is eliminated in favor of just a small grill over the drivers. The insides are the same. This gives buyers a choice of looks. I believe this adds about $3K to the price. It is a striking change for the Vandy line.
Hey Narrod,

Those were watercooled? I thought it was just an accessory aquarium. Figured the designer wanted the listener to gaze at something during the audition to distract from the $$$. At least that's what I was doing.

I didn't have a serious listen at Ginko this time but sat around for awhile last year when those were hooked to Ayre gear. They sounded great then.

Another good room was Totem, where the Winds were hooked to an Ayre stack. Pipedreams, Soundlabs & Zu were all good as well.

Plenty of great stuff at THE Show as well but I'm on audio overload & it make take awhile to sort things out!