are all power conditioners noisy?

I just received a powervar, and I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but this stonkin' big transformer hums!
I've read reviews where they complain abount the amount of fan noise in some companies products.
To me, the power conditioner adding background noise- even though it's not coming out of the speaker, is very distracting.
Is there such a thing as a silent power conditioner, or should I just give up?
24phun
The PS Audio UPC-200 is a very good power conditioner and it's quiet. Their Power Plants are pretty quiet too, as I recall. I think most power conditioners are fairly quiet. Maybe the transformer mounts in your unit loosened during shipping; or maybe the unit is inherently noisy. I'm not familiar with your unit, so I couldn't say. I'd contact the company and see what they advise...
Both the Powervar and OneAC brand conditioners are known to hum. They do the job well...but they hum like beehives.
I use a Oneac that doesn't hum and have had Powervars that didn't hum at all. One thing to try is to tighten the transformer nut down some.
Like I said, Powervar and OneAC conditioners don't all hum (but I've read this is a common complaint.) ;)

My OneAC hums.