best Direct TV HD receiver

What is the best sounding HD receiver for Direct TV? Has anyone tried the one offered by Direct TV? I can buy one at Best Buy with a hard drive but wonder if there is a better way to go. Iwant to be able to hook up an antenna to view the networks but have the hard drive for the convinience.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Phil
128x128philjolet
Hey guys I have the HD10-250 up and running.

1) the sound is quite a bit better than my old ($34) Phillips receiver, which is a given but pretty good anyway.
2) Tivo is cool, I am watching it right now...
3) The remote and interface is very clunky.

Does anyone know how to access more information when looking at program info? On other receivers you can go into another level of info such as directors, actors etc.

I now have to get my HD antenna purchased and hooked up.

Overall I am very happy with the purchase. Not so happy with Beachaudio who sold it to me as they have not given me the receipt yet and only want to send one by email. The up side is I bought it for $345 new shipped.

thanks to eveyone

Phil
Have you guys' discovered that you can't watch "Live T.V." anymore because of Tivo? I can't and won't. LONG LIVE TIVO!
I've used Sony HD-100 and 200 receivers with separate Sony TiVo units. The Sony TiVo units do not record HDTV. We found that given the choice of TiVo or HDTV, we opted for TiVo, and rarely used the HDTV feature of the receiver. Now we have the HR10-250. The picture quality and sound are superb -- just watch a Miami CSI production for dazzling HDTV and surround sound. The flexibility the HR10-250 to watch and record in either STV or HDTV is what we had hoped for. Our TiVo service with the HR10-250 is included by DirectTV; IIRC we paid $10 a month when we used the Sony TiVo units.

I do think setting up recording and manipulation of season passes were quicker with the Sonys than with HR10-250, but I keep something to read by my chair, so the time spent crunching doesn't bother me.

Bottom line: From what I've seen, the HR10-250 is the best DirectTV receiver, but understand we place great value on TiVo.

db
again thanks to everyone for your help.

I have another issue:

I bought the Hughes HR10-250 Tivo Direct TV receiver and can not make it go into the 720 resolution mode with my Panasonic Tao HD TV thru a component hookup. 480i and 480p and 1020 work fine and I can get HD OTA but can not get the 720.
I was hoping to get 720 and maybe it would be a bigger picture than the 1080 which is very small with the bars on top and sides (sometimes) when viewing the networks and yes I have played with the ratio button on my remote to change this.

Anyway, does anyone have experience or advice to help me get the 720 to work?

any info appreciated,

Phil