Siemens -Halske 6922

I was wondering if any of you have had personal listening experiences with these babies in your rigs? I would appreciate a discription of the tube's signature, likes/dilikes, the whole nine... thanks, warren :)
128x128warrenh
Nice Arahl. I was talking to another tube expert who has been explaining some very interesting things. Here's some of his points:
Siemens-Rohne Cca not nearly as good as Siemen-Halske
Siemens_Halske between 59 to 72 are the real deal and are the way you guys have described.
Andy (Bowman) was saying that, believe it or not, the Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 (yes they did make that tube) is quite incredible. Liquid and toasty and a whole bunch of other accolades. Obviously listening and preferences are the way to go, so I will keep you posted with my tympanic experiences. Thanks again guys

Tvad, sorry for the aside e mail. I don't know what came over me. I forgot all about this thread.
I presently have six of the 60's CCa sweethearts in my BAT VK-D5. When I owned my ARC SP9 and SP14 pre's: they were also equipped with the same. The most musical/accurate of the family(if you purchase the 60's version, as mentioned above). The 70's tubes pump razor blades through the system(I suppose some solid state lovers would call that, "detail"). I've also used the E188CC, and found them quite nice. A good place to shop:(http://www.audio-tubes.com/) VERY knowledgable/dependable!!
Siemens-Rohne Cca not nearly as good as Siemen-Halske
Siemens_Halske between 59 to 72 are the real deal and are the way you guys have described.
Warrenh, be careful. My first experience buying the siemens CCa was not good. I bought a NOS NIB pair from a member here on agon. He told me they were made in the 1960s. After listening to the pair of tubes, finally in the correct row of importance of my Sonic Frontiers Line One preamp, I discovered the highs sounded a little rolled off bass a little light weight. Turned out this pair of CCa were from the 70s. What to look for, the 70s tube uses a small round support rod to support the hallow getter.

The white label Amperex PQ 6922 USA made tube of the middle to early 60s will blow the 70s Siemens CCa tube away hands down.

The early 1960s Siemens CCa (all grey plate) is another story. As other have said a great sounding tube. The later 60s Siemens tube sounds as Virgo_ref described, still not too bad a sounding tube I never noticed the brightness, but it just lacks the fullness of the midrange of the earlier CCA tube.

The real deal
http://gon8.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1115367414.jpg

For the money, JMHO, you can't beat the white label middle to early 60s USA made used Amperex PQ 6922 tube. I just recently picked up a used pair made in 1965 for $42.50 on ebay. They test like new, and are dead quiet.

That brings up another subject. Buy a decent tube tester.
jim
I agree with the bugle boy suggestion, Mullard e88cc or what I find to be neutral is gold pins telefunken e88cc these will not be bright and will last a lifetime. If you do not find a resonable price on the tubes you want feel free to contact me, I have many extra (pairs and quads) of many of the tubes discussed here
Sorry guys, That should be ... halo getter ....

Brain fart.

What to look for, the 70s tube uses a small round support rod to support the hallow getter.