need new rack with isolation in mind

I have an old CWD twin which holds 6 components and my 50" Pioneer plasma on top. I am partial to a two component wide setup 3 vetically with a full shelf on top.

I was looking for something with good isolation that is functionable and asthetically pleasing

I'd love a SRA CRAZ 8 but I can't afford over $7k

Would a good option to order a Salamander Synergy twin 30 rack which is asthetically pleasing and have Neuance shelfs placed in it? Any other options I should look at?

Thanks
Tom
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xaudiotomb
I would get Neuance Shelves with identical dimensions of the Salamander shelves so you can play around with them.
Either replace the Salamnader shelf or put the Neunace shelf on top of the Stock Salamander shelf.

One thing I did instead was replacing the stock Salamander feet on my Twin 20 rack.

I got custom made threaded spikes that are 2 inches tall. This really improved my sound. Better imaging, focus & soundstage.

I dont have Neuance shelves but I am in the process of tweaking with spikes/cones under my components on my stock Salamander shelves.
Grand Prix Audio now makes a double-wide rack for AV systems; though I've not "heard" that one, I can give the highest recommendation to the Monaco Modular line for audio use.
if you don't need adjustable, then SolidSteel makes some great component tables with isolation cones under each shelf. Very good vibration control.

Musidirect.com carries SolidSteel and so does cable company.
I received one of the extra-wide racks from Steve Blinn Designs about a month ago. It is gorgeous - even nicer in person than the pictures. I was considering the Finite Elements Pagode, but, decided this was at least as nice and effective at a fraction of the price.
Hel, how mechanically stable is your BLINN rack with maple shelves. And does any one know how Blinn's stability/isolation compares to ADONA racks with granite shelves?