~$1k Monitors...So Many Choices...

I've got my short list down to Triangle Titus, Dynaudio Audience 40 or 50, Acoustic Energy AE1, Soliloquy 5.0, and Dunlavy SC-I. I now have a pair of AE Aegis 1 and I want to really improve the sound; not just a small step up. Let me know what you think about these speakers and if I've missed anything from my short list. Thanks.
mailman199
Welcome back Mailman. Shelton's two picks are the ones that I will also be auditioning for use in a small SET system. They are both around 90db efficient with a nice stable load (which is always nice) and they are supposed to sound good as well. I checked out the Soliloquy's and decided against them after the second audition. They sound really good but I want something more musical (my version of it anyway). Linn has released their replacement for the Tukan which you may want to check out if you can.
I think you should opt for either the Triangle or the Dynaudio. From the looks of your equipment, I would say you have a laid back system. If you prefer it to stay that way, go Dynaudio. If you want to step up the tempo a bit, go for Triangle. Triangle really opens the sound of everything up. Seems like the more we know about speakers, we soon become surprised by how good a speaker can sound when it breaks all of the rules.
How do you think your suggestions compare to the Dunlavy SC-I's? They are the only reference I have in the price range. I don't think it would be fair to compair the Triangles, ACI, JMR, etc. to the Aegis.
Miailman, check on the www.audioreview.com, and you may find some useful information, about all of the speakers you are interested in. That was my start, when i was looking for the upgrade! Good Luck!