5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
As they appear to me to be the same tube, I'd be curious regarding someone comparing the Create 5AR4 to the Shuguang.
OK Guys:

Sorry this has taken so long but summer vacation and then a pretty thorough testing process has left me with these conclusions:

I did a direct comparison of the following 5AR4's: My vintage Mullard (Blackburn), Create/Synergy and the stock Sovtek that came with my LS100. I swapped each tube in and listened to the same set of recordings (four titles of different genres)over a two day period.

First, are differences between the three tubes are apparent but they are slight. I found a more significant change (to the positive) swapping the stock 6SN7's with the Sophia Electrics. Not sure if this is a function of the degree to which the rectifier tube can impact the sound or simply that the sonic difference between these rectifier tubes is less significant.

Having said that, I did feel that the Mullard and the Create tube outperformed the Sovtek in my system--the latter sounding a bit lifeless by comparison. In my system, the differences between the Mullard and the Create are quite interesting. The Mullard has a vintage warmth and glow but is less resolving. The Create does a better job differentiating between musical lines and instruments in the mix. It is a very clear, clean tube but does not have any edge or glare. My system leans a tad toward the warm side and the LS100 has a distinct touch of tube sound. In my setup I prefer the Create tube. It brings a measure of realism, insight and detail to the music that the Mullard cannot touch. Whether the Create would sound superior in a system that leans toward the cool and analytical is an open question. It may, under those circumstances, deprive the music of some body and warmth that is needed to sound real. For my system it is a no-brainer so the Create it is. If anyone wants my Mullard just shoot me an email and we can work out a price.
Mark...thanks for the comprehensive review. I guess I will have to try the Create 5AR4 in my LS100. I really like the Mullard, so it will be an interesting trial. Thanks again.
Mofi--I'll be interested in your take. I could see how people could come to different conclusions with these two tubes depending upon their listening preferences and system makeup. You really can't go wrong with either. What's nice is that the Create now offers a different flavor for a higher performing tube in the rectifier spot.
Dodgealum, Your findings in comparing the Blackburn Mullard and Create synergy 5AR4 in your LS 100 parallel exactly my take on the two tubes in the ModWright Sony 5400. I agree that they are both superb tubes, with certain systems or tastes tipping the balance on which to use. As for me, I prefer the Create.
For Create to offer this tube at a time when the Mullards are in very short supply is a real boon.