A very good ENGINEERING explanation of why analog can not be as good as digital..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRvSWPZQYk

There will still be some flat earthers who refuse to believe it....
Those should watch the video a second or third time :-)
128x128cakyol
Digital is like the fresh raw porterhouse steak in the movie The Fly that Jeff Goldblum teleported from one pod to the other. When the atoms of the steak were disassembled and then reassembled the porterhouse steak looked still like a real steak but when it was broiled and tasted it didn’t taste like a real steak 🥩. Yuk!
Pffft!....... I like digital....but I LOVE the sound of analogue vinyl.    Just to confirm my brain wasn't becoming digitized and overly clinical, I got out my old world atlas and sure enough....it was definitely FLAT.
Analogue is a 'real' copy of the sound impressions where Digital is merely coded ones and zeros read by a machine and sound is produced in the process.  There is no 'there' there with digital.  There are NO sonic impressions.  Just a digital program reading directions in binary code.  Zappa's Jazz From Hell album is a good example.  Brilliant and performed without any musicians.  Cold,. hard and exact.  But even that album becomes musical when the vinyl copy is played next to the digital. 

Flat-earthers indeed!  To those who prefer musicians to machines as music makers I think the analogue/digital divide needs to be judged by our ears, not another machine.  Those with the sensitivities to hear music will make the same choices and judgements and do not need to have a machine tell them what and how to 'hear'.  As Captain Beefheart put it, "How'd you get a name like Crazy Little Thing?"
"When the atoms of the steak were disassembled and then reassembled the porterhouse steak looked still like a real steak but when it was broiled and tasted it didn’t taste like a real steak..."
If the description of the movie is accurate, it is not exactly what these debates about digital suggest. That steak retained all the particles and all of them were used to reassemble while digital is said to be missing some parts.

"...like the fresh raw porterhouse steak in the movie..."

"...then reassembled the porterhouse steak looked still like a real steak but when it was broiled...
Maybe it would have not tasted good had it been broiled before being disassembled, either. Maybe the problem was the steak and not the process of transportation.