ADS L810

I have enjoyed my ADS L810 speakers since I got them in 1980.  Lately, I have noticed some distortion coming out of one of the midrange drivers from the right channel even at low volume.    In order to troubleshoot the problem (speaker, program source, or wiring), I switched speaker connections,….. R-L and L-R.  The distortion moved to the left channel.  So, I narrowed the problem to the speaker itself. Although I have taken good care of them, I realize that speaker components cannot last forever.  There is no obvious external damage to the speaker.  Can anyone provide me with any input as to how I can further troubleshoot this speaker? 

Thank you very much for your assistance on this matter.
ed781904
Sorry folks,  I miscommunicated on my note.  I switched the speakers themselves, not the connections, and the same speaker that had distorted earlier distorted on the other channel. That's how I came up with my conclusion.
whew.....Richard So is an accomplished rebuilder of ADS speakers, fairly active Facebook group for ADS, suggest you join that and you will be able to get his contact info, arrange for rebuild of applicable drivers, etc.
The 810 was quite good in its day, a refresh and tune up well worth it. A fairly honest speaker with unique “ cat proof grilles , IF you have the metal. I have a pair of ADS to this day, L-730. - on loan to my best buddy down the street....sound fantastic with his vintage Marantz gear...
We were for a time largest ADs dealer in USA, greatly enjoyed them back in the day !!!!!
enjoy
Jim
IF you want to troubleshoot, start with a physical inspection of the voicecoil lead in wires on the tweeters and midrange domes, these are quite delicate and routed on the front plate. The adhesive can fail over time, leading to flex and or breakage of the wires. Check the woofers also, gently and evenly push the cone in from near the edge of the dustcover but not on the dust cover, listen and feel for a mechanical rub. This is NOT a conclusive test as the voicecoil may rub with power applied which heats it up/ expands. Listen up close to each driver to see IF you can hear source of distortion, IF you can isolate, then you can swap in good drivers and or the other crossover to isolate.
hope that helps.
You can facetime w me IF I can be of assistance.
Jim
That speaker is getting so old that it might have troubled electrolytic capacitors in its crossover, too.  tomic601's suggestion of crossover swapping would prove that angle out, as well.
Thanks to all for your quick responses and suggestions.  I have already contacted Richard So about my issue.  He seems to be the right person to address the problem. I plan to further troubleshoot and send him the component(s) in question at the beginning of the year.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe Holiday Season!