Advantages of beryllium?

Can someone please explain the advantages of beryllium drivers over titanium or aluminum?

Also, how concerning are health risks associated with beryllium?

many thanks for your input. 
defiantboomerang
@shadorne 
You're quite right about the dispersion and waterfall. They say a lot. That Magico is a stunning achievement. As JA said in the measurements for the 936, it's measurements wouldn't be out of place in an expensive speaker. That it costs just $4000 makes it an excellent value. And as we can see from the raw data, even Focals better stuff doesn't measure a whole lot better. 

So......
@erik_squires 
You're more than welcome to claim I'm arguing about speaker prices, though that really is a canard as well as intellectually dishonest. And you can argue JA has some slanted opinion, which I find every reviewer does. It's my job to discern that slant and interpret what his description might translate into through my ears. Regardless, his opinion has very little influence on how a computer measures a speaker. He cannot will the microphone to detect what isn't there. Another canard tossed out there on your part. Like what you like. Try sticking to facts you can actually back up though. 
kosst_amojan still waiting for you to point out a modern BE compression driver with better specs than TAD? But maybe all you had was a rude reply and ignorant comment.   And for the rest this maybe of interest http://www.audioxpress.com/article/Voice-Coil-Spotlight-The-Beryllium-Advantage
@willemj I hope it isn't dying.  The resurgence of vinyl combined with cheaper bandwidth and data storage allow for higher quality digital recordings where mp3 was the norm.  The baby boomers are going to impact every aspect of every market because of the population size.  What has changed is how people listen to music.  It no longer has to be sitting in front of speakers or tied to a large component unless you're listening to vinyl.  Music listening is mobile and I think there are more people listening to music because of that than ever before.

@defiantboomerang I wouldn't worry about beryllium's toxicity in speakers.  The speaker mfgs like Persona and Focal use a shield over them to ensure a kid doesn't go poke them open and inhale the dust.
I read a recent story about the diplomats that were stationed in Cuba and lost their hearing, apparently due to some very high frequency sounds. Apparently those frequencies were generated by metal dome tweeters. The highs break up above what most consider the upper limits of human hearing so they just produced sounds about that frequency and let that " break up " do the rest.
Crazy
kosst,

You don’t pay me so I have no obligation to meet any sort of criteria. Your claim that mega buck speakers are superior. Back that up first, then I’ll consider playing your game. Oh, no, I won’t.

Just look at the waterfall, distortion and compression data. Micromotor tweets suck. Do your own research.

JA often says things completely at odd with his own measurements. At the very least, JA and I are in agreement that all the Focal tweeters are very similar performers, regardless of price. You may call that good, I do not. As far as I am concerned, the Focal tweeters are mediocre, and the high end speakers are not actually better.

The past Magico tweeter (which I posted model data) and the current Be/Graphene tweeter OTOH however is a really stellar performer. Sounds and measures far better than anything out of Focal and B&W on and off axis. (personally I find them tuned too bright, but still stellar sounding!) So, there’s a great example, as are several examples I have shown you before. If you want me to do more research for you you’d have to meet my hourly rates, and I would have to care.

I have given you specific examples of driers and speaker makers and models of what I consider significantly better. That is all you get.

On the other hand, as far as hobby talking, I put Golden Ears, Focal and B&W on one camp, with Magico, Gryphon and YG on another. If you think the previous set is any good at all, switch to the latter. and compare.

Best,

E