All Quiet on the Oppo front?

Many Oppo fans were talking about getting their pre-ordered UDP-205's a month ago, but no new posts as to current status. I haven't heard a word. I kinda thought there would be a July release, but apparently not.

Anybody receive any news from Oppo in the past month? 
bultaco

Showing 2 responses by tuffy72561

FYI, I received an email from Oppo on 8/30. It said one Oppo 205 unit was available tfor me to purchase and that the window to purchase closes 9/2 but no guarantees that they wouldnt run out of units before the end of 9/2. I did purchase one unit on 8/31 and received confirmation. I believe that I got on the list in late April.
I got my Oppo 205 modified by Ric Schultz at EVS and it sounds just wonderful. I got the super single ended RCA mod plus the upgraded power supply and it sounds wonderful. Trust me I had very high expectations for this unit and it has met them. FYI, I heard the Denafrips Terminator Dac audition at Axpona and I do not think it sounded as good at my EVS modded Oppo 205 does.This player has a huge soundstage with oodles of low level detail and a big fleshed out sound.