Amp for LS50

I recentl got a pair of LS50’s and will eventually be getting a nice amp and preamp for them.  I’m curious as to what amps pair best with the power hungry Kef LS50’s.  I’m wondering if ClassD audio Sds470c would be a good choice being that its 300watts at 8 and 600 at 4 ohms.  

Im open to all suggestions.  I’d like to keep the budget for the amp at or below $1000 and maybe $500 for a preamp...

Perhaps a used Nova 300?

128x128b_limo
I love my KEF LS50s with the Vinnie Rossi LIO.  And my dad gets amazing sound from his KEF LS50s paired with NuPrime IDA-8.  (I think the NuPrime is 1k).  Good luck!Margot
I would echo those warning against using the LS-50's with low-end solid state amps.  I went through several before I found a good match with a tube preamp and a hybrid power amp from Frank van Alstine.  You don't want anything that tends towards the bright/forward/edgy side of things.  If I were starting over I'd be tempted to try a tube integrated like the PrimaLuna Prologue.
@d2girls interesting you would say that about the Ragnarok, since you have the Yggy listed and that faired quite poorly from a noise perspective in a recent test I read.  
I have used the following with LS50

Bryston 4B-SST (300W Class AB)
Bryston 7B-SST (600W Class AB)
Benchmark AHB2 (100 W NOT class D)
Parasound A23 (125 W Class A/AB)
Peachtree Nova 150 (150 W Class D)

All above are at 8 Ohms.

The best was Benchmark AHB2. It was clear and fatigue free. Just a brilliant amp and one I may buy again. The second favorite was the Peachtree Nova 150 which was a nice combination of the Parasound and Bryston. You can listen to the Peachtree 8+ hours a day like I do at my home office. I am very sensitive to harshness and get fatigued easily. With the Peachtrree none of that ever happens.

Like I mentioned above the plan is to upgrade to the NOVA 500 if I do not get another AHB2.

The OP would be well served by trying the FREE trial of the NOVA line for 30 days. Everything he asks for is covered in one box.

Another line that I can recommend with the LS50 is the Hegel integrateds. I heard the H360 and Roost with KEF Blades and it was very good (not very loud volume level). They will also work well with the much easier to drive LS50. The Roost and H360 are not far off the price the OP wanted to pay.

BTW - Darko is now using the Hegel H590 to drive his LS50s.
https://darko.audio/2018/10/a-short-film-about-the-hegel-h590/

Another vote for the Hegel 160 mentioned above.  I’ve been very happy with this combo.  Quality amp!