Anthem STR vs Parasound JC 2 BP vs any other sub $5,000 Preamp?

~10x10x8.5' is the room, concrete floor and ceiling... Yeah its horrible! Room treatments will be applied as best as i can fit them in. Other than audio gear and a listening chair nothing else will be in the room. 

~Seriously wanting room correction!

~2.0, possibly adding in a sub or two in the future, strictly music, streaming/music server will be used.

~Speakers will be possibly Legacy Calibres, or any other assortment as I may do a lot of different small-large bookshelf's over the course of this systems life if time permits. 

Any recommendations, pros, cons would be well valued at or below the $5,000 MSRP point thanks, 
jasonl337

Showing 3 responses by jasonl337

Really only two, Anthems and Lyngdorf... both have pretty great reviews from the people who give them a chance.

Audioholics (Gene) has chosen to purchase Anthems STR Pre and Pro after doing some pretty in depth testing... far more than I see most big review sites doing which has me leaning heavily towards them. 
My idea is to cut off the frequency correction at a lower level, wherever that may be I don’t know for that room just yet. But I sure don’t want it correcting too high up the range if not needed.