Anyone hear the Caravelle speaker and not like it?

I am very close to ordering a pair of the Harmonic Precision Carravelle speakers. I am looking in the below $5,000 range and these look interesting. There are only a couple of reveiws so I was wondering if anyone has heard them and been unimpressed? It is a lot of money but I may take a chance on it. Anyone think I can do better at my price point. I will be buying a new amp after I choose a speaker.
pal
I have had someone tell me that because this is a ported design, I will be able to hear the port. He said because it is a small speaker that I would hear it in the mids. Can anyone explain what he means by this?
Pal...It probably means that he doesn't like ported speakers, and this is one potential problem he can cite about them. I suggest that you listen for yourself. By the way I prefer sealed speakers myself, but it's your nickle.
"I have had someone tell me that because this is a ported design, I will be able to hear the port."

I had someone tell me something equally idiotic once. As a result, I no longer speak with him.
PAL if you find a Music Reference RM9 MK11 to go with the CARAVELLE.I Promise you want be Disappointed at all.We`re talking about Rich Rich musical sound quality here.Not dark,not a warm sound.A full Rich sound.I`ll let Ozzy62 expland the difference,he has the RM9 and I have the RM9 MK11.
Man, this thread has being going on so long, I forgot what we were talking 'bout. Oh yeah, the Caravelles. BTB, there is a Yba Integre on the 'gon for sale. I owned this baby for 7 hears. 50 of the best SS watts these ears have ever heard. You won't be disappointed. And if you are? Sell it back on the 'gon for what you paid. Also, there's a few Brystons, as well. Owned the 4B in my Maggie days. Another nice one, though I'd grab the integre over the Bryston. just a little fwiw. Pal, this is a very personal choice. You'll get recommendations up the whazoo. And all probably worth checking into. You're soon going to have a pair of speakers that will do justice to just about anything you hook up to them. Fasten your seatbelt. You may, also, be disappointed in some amps. Great speakers have a way of showing up the inherent weaknesses of other components, as well.