Anyone try decoupling speakers from the room?

Just wondering if anyone else has suspended their speakers. My first attempt was with an old pair of infinity's which I placed on top of a bicycle tube. I was wondering if manufacturers would design a speaker with this in mind? My main purpose is to keep the floor from resonating, IMHO it works well.
pedrillo
Pedrillo: OK. So why doesn't Bobby suggest such a setup in the owners manual? Sonically, what are the differences vs. setting the speakers up as Bobby recommends?
This is what the Z-Feet accomplish:
http://www.merlinmusic.com/howto_zft.htm
I'm using Stillpoints and to me, I think they sound a ton better than the Piega spikes. Tighter bass, more solid image, clearer midrange.
9rw,
To me the bass becomes cleaner, tighter more distinct. The speaker seems to vanish. They sound incredible this way. I haven't heard my vsm's on the floor in awhile and there have been alot of changes at my source so I will revisit the comparisons some day. This suspension started as an effort to lessen any disturbance to my downstairs neighbor and as a side benefit I got a sound I am really happy with. I probably will make a ton of changes in the future always trying to improve on things, one thing I will most defenitely do is try the vsm's on the floor and will gladly report the winner, who knows maybe I was wrong all this time. The journey is what really counts.
jbl 4430/4435 studio monitor have been designed for the purpose of being suspended from the ceiling or soffit mounted. the bottoms of the monitors have 4 eye hooks installed through the factory and steel bars installed in the speakers bottom and bolted to the baffle. for this application, you simply flip the speaker upside down and connect the cables and hoist! audiophile speakers are not designed like this cuz of the nonsense the magazines promote. they worry to much about how the speaker will look instead of how it sounds. so you can pay $10,000 but get $50.00 worth of drivers. with these speakers that wont be the case. mike