Anyone try decoupling speakers from the room?

Just wondering if anyone else has suspended their speakers. My first attempt was with an old pair of infinity's which I placed on top of a bicycle tube. I was wondering if manufacturers would design a speaker with this in mind? My main purpose is to keep the floor from resonating, IMHO it works well.
pedrillo
Pedrillo,
My previous listening room was over a garage, so the floor was suspended. Spiking the speakers to the floor increased the energy coupling and made it easier to drive the floor into its reasonant frequency (bad).
The solution was to put a piece of slate between the spikes and the carpet thus providing some decoupling. It improved the low end frequency response and reduced the noise levels in the garage (good).
This is a simple and easy thing to try, even if you substitute a piece of wood for the slate to hear for yourself what happens.
Won't you lose all bass by decoupling either the speakers or listener?
I saw an A'goner a few years ago decoupled his amps by hanging them with wires to avoid and issues. It worked great until one monoblock dropped 2 feet to the floor...
Pedrillo: OK. So why doesn't Bobby suggest such a setup in the owners manual? Sonically, what are the differences vs. setting the speakers up as Bobby recommends?
This is what the Z-Feet accomplish:
http://www.merlinmusic.com/howto_zft.htm
I'm using Stillpoints and to me, I think they sound a ton better than the Piega spikes. Tighter bass, more solid image, clearer midrange.