ARC Ref 75 SE issues?

I'm thinking of getting this amp but on a recent thread about tube amps from January there were quite a number of posts on the reliability of arc amps. Anybody have this amp and can comment on its reliability? I was surprised.
roxy1927
@roxy1927 

I own an  ARC Ref 150SE.  I also owned the VS 115 and VS110.  What was said above is generally true.  If a tube arcs, it often takes out a bias resister.  Been there and done that a few times.

That said, if you are handy with a soldering iron, you can replace the bias resister yourself. But even if not, there are many ARC service centers located around the country who could do the fix, even while you wait.  

If the amp is not under warranty and blows a resister, you can call ARC customer service.  They can send you replacement resisters and even a local electronics repair shop can do the fix. The resister is on top of the circuit board and is easily accessed.   

I happen to love my Ref 150SE.  So, finger crossed, I have been lucky.  No problems.  The main power tubes are KT-150s, which are pretty robust. 

Bottom line:  if you really like the Ref 75SE, do a little homework and find out of there is an ARC service center located nearby or a nearby competent electronics repair shop.  Fixing a bias resister is no big deal and does not mandate returning the amp to ARC for repair.

BIF         
@roxy1927 

I do not hear the fans.  The amp is about 12 to 15 feet from my listening chair.  It may be that I am ignoring the sound or that my hearing acuity is not what it once was.

That said, I do not think the cooling fans should be a factor in your decision.   
Well I'm closer and am very sensitive to all kinds of sounds so the whirring of the fans even at a low level when listening to classical when the music becomes very quiet or even silent might distract me.
Thanks very much.
" If the amp is not under warranty and blows a resister, you can call ARC customer service."  Try doing it now...