ARCAM AVR600 Reliability Issues

I'm considering the purchase of an ARCAM AVR600 but have read a lot of older posts on various forums about reliability/operational issues with it - weird noises from the speakers, the unit freezes up, random volume changes, etc.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Have the more recent firmware updates addressed these issues?

The sound of the ARCAM blew me away but I don't want to invest in a piece that's going to drive us crazy. I'm also considering the Integra 80.3 and the NAD T187 to use with my existing power amps. Any thoughts on those units in comparison to the ARCAM?
audioengineer99

Showing 1 response by utahrob199

I bought one 4 years ago and have had it in the shop twice now. In fact Arcam has it right now and my retailer sent me email saying it would be back next week. The first time it was the internal cooling fan. It was running all the time, winter or summer, hot or cool. It is a very loud running fan. Then a couple of months ago my right rear speaker began to output static. The one month ago the front right speaker began to do the same thing. I agree that when it works it sounds great but my experience is that it is no where near the money we all paid to have these ongoing issues and like the other fellow that is just posting what he experiences, well I am doing the same. I want my money back so I can get a piece that actually works well. Another note is that the dealer I bought it from has dropped all Arcam products as well because of what we all are complaining of.