Arguments devolve on threads to wordsmithing contests

Why is it that so many well-intentioned threads devolve into wordsmithing contests? Is it necessary to argue about the meaning of posts when the language thereof is reasonably clear on its face?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
Folkes whoom: wori abuot Gremmer; mine ulwaes enjoie, Sppeling two? Sum off us worri whay, two mulch
Reminds me of an article about reading comprehension wherein the author provided an example of a paragraph including misspellings of every word. No issues with reading it. Lol
I think we need to remind ourselves this is a forum for us all to learn by.  I am new to this hobby and have lots to learn.  I am grateful all of the discussions, as I have and continue to learn more about what makes sound as close to perfect as possible.  I think we also need to all realize that most of us are more involved with the quality of sound produced based on different equipment than the music itself.  I am sure guilty of this.  I appreciate the discussions and I hope no one will be intimidated to share their thoughts, right or wrong, in the future.
@celander - It deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr teh ltteers in a wrod aer, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht teh frist adn lsat ltteer be in teh rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses adn yuo can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, btu teh wrod as a wlohe.