ATC SCM12 and 50wpc Manley Stingray?

I'm interested in auditioning the SCM12s but I've seen the discussions of the ATC speakers here and they all talked about how much power it takes to run these speakers.

If I'm going to be using these speakers typically in moderately sized apartment living rooms, and listen with a volume level primarily around 75db, will my 50 wpc Stingray integrated be able to drive these speakers?

A dealer I spoke with assured me that although the speakers had low sensitivity, the phase/impedence angles were very flat & tube friendly.

Any thoughts?
imrer

Showing 1 response by tod914

A great improvement to tighten up the base on the stingray is to upgrade the power cord. I tried a missing link. There was a night and day difference. The speakers that were used were gershman acoustics.
Im currently in the process of purchasing the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors. Do you think the stingray will be a good match? The speakers will be listened to at a lower volume in a small room. Im trying to find an inexpensive integrated tube amp like the stingray. Budget is an issue and I am not interested in solid state.

Thanks