AV Receiver w/ amplifier

Hello. Thank you for the add. I only understand the basics of the A/V Receiver world. I have a couple older A/V receivers. The first is Yamaha HTR-5730. The second is an even older Onkyo. I recently upgraded my home theater to a brand new Yamaha. I was wanting to use one of my old receivers (mentioned above) with my old Cerwin Vega V-10F tower speakers. The ohms seem to check out on everything to work together. Problem I am faced with is that these are being used at our farm, in the barn, when we are outside. If I turn the volume up over 50% they will eventually shut the system down. Seeing how these speakers are way more wattage than the receivers, I figured I would just buy an external amplifier to get them the juice they need, I only need a little more volume, really just need them to stop going into protection mode after a long period of play. I also installed a 70 cfm external fan on the amplifier to help disperse heat on summer days. I cannot seem to figure out how to hook one of these receivers to my amplifier. The Onkyo only has a single pre-amp out, while the Onkyo M-282 amplifier has a right and left in. If I use a splitter, am I losing "stereo" and only getting mono? Where is the pre amp outs on the newer/older Yamaha?
spdjnky_42
Thanks for the heads up. It shuts down, turns right back on by hitting the power button. I believe I found the solution: this is a speaker-level to line -level adapter. Has a few resistors in there. Pretty simple to  build but for $9 and RF name on it, guess Ill give it a go!
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-RFI2SW-Speaker-Adapter/dp/B009B8EJYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

i have a mcintosh mx132 and a mcintosh mc602 powering 4 bose 901 series 2 spekers. i bought the mx132 because it has the tuner. i only listen to music. i have no funds to upgrade on speakers since i'm retired. anyone have any thoughts on what i have?
g_nakamoto,
What else do you want? A CD player maybe? One thing is for sure, you got a hell of an amplifier before austerity set in, you're lucky!
The Onkyo is a TX SV303PRO. And maybe you other guys can hijack someone elses thread? Thanks.