AV Receiver w/ amplifier

Hello. Thank you for the add. I only understand the basics of the A/V Receiver world. I have a couple older A/V receivers. The first is Yamaha HTR-5730. The second is an even older Onkyo. I recently upgraded my home theater to a brand new Yamaha. I was wanting to use one of my old receivers (mentioned above) with my old Cerwin Vega V-10F tower speakers. The ohms seem to check out on everything to work together. Problem I am faced with is that these are being used at our farm, in the barn, when we are outside. If I turn the volume up over 50% they will eventually shut the system down. Seeing how these speakers are way more wattage than the receivers, I figured I would just buy an external amplifier to get them the juice they need, I only need a little more volume, really just need them to stop going into protection mode after a long period of play. I also installed a 70 cfm external fan on the amplifier to help disperse heat on summer days. I cannot seem to figure out how to hook one of these receivers to my amplifier. The Onkyo only has a single pre-amp out, while the Onkyo M-282 amplifier has a right and left in. If I use a splitter, am I losing "stereo" and only getting mono? Where is the pre amp outs on the newer/older Yamaha?
spdjnky_42
I'm pretty sure you can buy a used HT receiver, or even a decent 2-channel stereo receiver for $100. I know I have an Onkyo TX-SR703 that I would be happy to sell to a local buyer for $100-$125 and it's really a pretty good receiver. You can probably find similar near where you live, or on eBay.
Thanks for the heads up. It shuts down, turns right back on by hitting the power button. I believe I found the solution: this is a speaker-level to line -level adapter. Has a few resistors in there. Pretty simple to  build but for $9 and RF name on it, guess Ill give it a go!
https://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-RFI2SW-Speaker-Adapter/dp/B009B8EJYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

i have a mcintosh mx132 and a mcintosh mc602 powering 4 bose 901 series 2 spekers. i bought the mx132 because it has the tuner. i only listen to music. i have no funds to upgrade on speakers since i'm retired. anyone have any thoughts on what i have?
g_nakamoto,
What else do you want? A CD player maybe? One thing is for sure, you got a hell of an amplifier before austerity set in, you're lucky!
The Onkyo is a TX SV303PRO. And maybe you other guys can hijack someone elses thread? Thanks.