Ayre C5xe or APL 3910 ?

I not too long ago heard the Ayre C5xe and was totally blown away on all formats at the amount of resolution, detail retrieval and it's dynamic yet smooth sound. I must admit I'm ready to pull the trigger on it, but before I do just wanted to know if there is anything better in it's price class of $6K or less. So far what comes to mind is the APL 3910 at $5K but there is no way I can possibly audition one of these so I would like some insight from those of you who have heard both players. Please, lend me your golden ears!
orjazzm
I recently bought the Ayre player. It's the best digital I've heard at any price range.
After hearing the Ayre I pretty much feel the same way, but I'm still curious about the APL considering everything that's been said about it
I recently post a thread for cd upgrade advice as well and seems the APL 3910 is more favorable to many. But I will have to hear it before making the move. I currently have Krell KPS-28c($8500)cd player and don't want to take a chance. Look for my thread under my username.
Yes it would seem wise to at least hear it first before making a long term commitment, but all the positive raves and that I've never seen one for sale hear is definitely something to consider.