Ayre C5xe or APL 3910 ?

I not too long ago heard the Ayre C5xe and was totally blown away on all formats at the amount of resolution, detail retrieval and it's dynamic yet smooth sound. I must admit I'm ready to pull the trigger on it, but before I do just wanted to know if there is anything better in it's price class of $6K or less. So far what comes to mind is the APL 3910 at $5K but there is no way I can possibly audition one of these so I would like some insight from those of you who have heard both players. Please, lend me your golden ears!
orjazzm
I recently bought the Ayre player. It's the best digital I've heard at any price range.
After hearing the Ayre I pretty much feel the same way, but I'm still curious about the APL considering everything that's been said about it
I recently post a thread for cd upgrade advice as well and seems the APL 3910 is more favorable to many. But I will have to hear it before making the move. I currently have Krell KPS-28c($8500)cd player and don't want to take a chance. Look for my thread under my username.
Yes it would seem wise to at least hear it first before making a long term commitment, but all the positive raves and that I've never seen one for sale hear is definitely something to consider.
After hearing the Ayre I pretty much feel the same way, but I'm still curious about the APL considering everything that's been said about it

In the time I've been reading Audiogon threads, nothing is clearer to me than when someone posts "I am thinking about buying an XYZ component, but I'd like to know what other possibilities exist", that person has invariably made up his/her mind to buy XYZ and wants just one other person to validate the choice.

So, that said, enjoy the Ayre C5xe, Orjazzm. From all descriptions, it sounds like a fine player.