B&W 685's Vs KEF LS50

I recently picked up a Peachtree Nova 300 (an amazing integrated amp IMHO but thats another story) and am running it against B&W 685's with great results.
Q: I'm wondering if the KEF wired LS50's would be an improvement to the B&W's?
gratefuleric

Showing 2 responses by mental

The Peachtree Nova 300 output with either of the speakers you mentioned I would never had considered.
The Nova 300 has an 300Wpc into 8 ohms (24.8dBW), 450Wpc into 4 ohms? Heck of a source powering speakers that you have or are considering. I’ve always been a B&W user, with that Nova 300 I wouldn’t have considered anything less than the 703 S2’s or something comparable to their specs at a minimum..
Wanted to add to my previous post: prices today and what you’re trying to do factors in most. Budget wise, I would look for a high sensitivity speaker setup to run with that Peachtree if you’re not into loud in your face type of music. Less sensitivity speakers require less power whereas high sensitivity require more power. *ie, 150-200 watt 95db speaker with that Peachtree would sound awesome with a small to medium listening room, you don’t need new or the best. Only thing you have to remember not to get alcohol ears and crank it up...*laffs