B&W 803S vs Triangle Cello SW2

Hi,

Does anybody compared these speakers?
I heard both but not in direct comparison.
Thanks.

P.S : sorry for my bad English. I'm French and, as you know, French people don't know how to speak English (but Japanese are worse than us ;o) )
baxxo31

Showing 4 responses by baxxo31

Hi,

I compared both speakers the last w.e and I chose Triangle Cello SW2. I love them :o). I'm faithful with Triangle after Zephyr XS, Zerius 202 and Celius 202.
Thanks for your answer Chazz. I totally agree when you say that triangle is faster and B&W have more weight and authority. Maybe 803S needs bigger room than Triangle, don't you think? Triangle's midrange is beautifull. I think Cello needs big power amp to give their best. First time I heard Cello, it was with Neodio amp and Droplet 5.0 CD player. I think Neodio amp is not enough powerfull to drive correctly Cello speakers. Second time, it was with Harman/Kardon Signature 1.5 and Primare CD31 and It was really better than the first time. With which electronics did you heard this two pairs of speakers?

Thanks.
Yesterday I heard Triangle Magellan Quator SW2 with Mc Intosh amp and preamp and Audio Aero Prima CD player. Really great speakers ! Voices are beautiful, bass are really fast and good. The music is alive with these speakers. For Chazz, I don't like JM LAB. I heard 1027 Be and I was really disappointed. I also heard Cabasse Altura Bahia : good speakers but I prefer Triangle's sound.
Yes I'm French but my English is not so good than yours. I try to do my best :-/ .

I don't say that 1027Be are not good I just say I don't like them. I heard them with Vincent and Harman Kardon Signature electronics. I also heard Alto Utopia Be with Lavardin IT (I like this amp) but association was not good. For me, JM lABS speakers lack something...But I have to hear them again with various electronics to be sure of my opinion.

I don't know how it works in US or UK but in France it's very difficult to test speakers at home before to buy them.

Do you live in US Arthur?