balanced vs. unbalanced sound quality

hi all i just got a theta dreadnaught amp and i currently have it hooked up through the unbalanced inputs.

i dont know very much about this topic, so i was wondering if i got balanced cables, would the sound quality improve? i will be using all 1 meter cables.

i know that higher end cables will sound better, but lets just say that the balanced cables would be of the same quality as the unbalanced.

thanks all,
cheers
nineballg

Showing 1 response by jsbach1685

I'm currently looking for a cdp that will blend well with my krell kav-300i and vanderteen 2c's. I recently picked up an NAD S500 cd player based on positive reviews and described sound quality. It sounded better with the krell versus other players I have tried (i.e. Rega Apollo). Both the krell and S500 have XLR outputs, so I decided to give it a try. Wow, the difference to my ears was rather substantial. Yes, there was a noticeable increase in volume, but more importantly, there was a more neutral sound to the music. It was much more even sounding, and was exactly what I was looking for. I kept the S500 connected in RCA as well and kept going back and forth, adjusting for volume each time. There was no comparison in this particular setup. The XLR connection was much better and provided a more even presentation of the music. My question to all this is: How is this possible?