Baltimore MD

Anybody interested in starting a club or discussion grp
paulelliott01da

Showing 12 responses by swo2601

Mike,

"Most likely" your HW and SW??? Sigh. I was looking forward to you telling me how bad my room is. Please bring. I thought that was our main "agenda"? Who knows? You guys may not be so impressed to listen to "music".

Sang
I'm in Columbia. I could also host sometime. Probably in February or March. Sang
Hi, all. I'd be interested as well. I'm into 2 channel only. Prefer tubes and vinyl. Thanks. Sang
Not to throw a wet blanket on everything, but shouldn't there be some kind of agenda for the meeting? It's great that we want to gather and share our passion for the hobby, but I also think it would be great if we could learn a thing or two while we experience each other's systems and gather knowledge that may help to improve our respective systems. BTW, what is everyone's system? That would have a big impact on whose home I'd like to visit.

My system is as follows:

Magnepan Tympani IV (w/ modified crossovers and Mye Stands), Joule OTL VZN 160 monoblocks (for mid-tweet), IceAudioH2O Digital Amp (for bass panels), Audio Horizons TP. 2.1 preamp and 8.0 phono stage (with all NOS Siemens E88CC tubes), Michell Orbe SE, SME V, Denon 103R, G&D Transforms CD Player, Behringer DCX 2496, Bag End Infra 18 subwoofer, Fusion Audio Impulse PC, Harmonic Tech PC's, Signal PC's, various homebrew IC's, Paul Speltz Zero Autoformers, Tara Lab speaker cables, homebrew speaker cables, Shakti Stones. I also have a Loricraft PRC record cleaning machine.

My room is pretty big 25 x 25 x 17. I need to push a lot of air, which this system does pretty well. My newest component is the Audio Horizons preamp, which is fantastic. My potential upgrades are cartridge, Gert Pedersen mod's to the Michell Orbe and, of course, cables and IC's. I'm not far from having my dream system, but need some help getting there as I love to tweak and mod or have tweaks and mods done to my equipment. I also like to bargain shop as we all do.

I'd love to serve as a venue for shootouts involving MC cartridges, CD players, speaker cables or IC's.

I mostly listen to audiophile vinyl and CD's. I have some SACD and DVD audios, but do not consider my digital front end to be SOTA.

Jan. 13th is good for me as well. I'd prefer the afternoon. I can serve as the venue on that day if need be. My television is also on the wall behind my speakers so we can even catch the game (without sound, of course).

Sorry about the long post. Hopefully everyone else will add their 2 cents. Thanks.

Sang
Sailor,

Much agreed. I have a horrible room, which I've tried to address with the help of a SPL meter. But I'd be shocked if I'm anywhere close to flat. I'd love the opportunity to get with your laptop and conduct some good measurements. I think that's a terrific first "agenda" item. I also have a Behringer crossover unit that has some equalization capability (yeah, yeah, I know. Let the flames start) so that would be very beneficial for me.

I appreciate any offers for contributions for refreshments. Actually, I'm happy to have some items. My flavor, however, may not be everyone's, so please feel free to BYOB if you'd like.

Let's try for early afternoon? Noonish? Bring your reference music (CD and vinyl). Please e-mail for my address as I'm a little hesitant to post that on a public site. It's weathersoh@msn.com.

And, again, please feel free to post your systems when you get the chance. Thanks, all.

Sang
In response to Joe's inquiry, don't everyone jump at once. I, as host, am still on board. Noon on Sunday. The playoff game WILL be on so don't fret. Anyone wanting my address or directions should contact me directly. Should be fun. Come and go as you please.

Sang
We're going to have nice turnout, Gents. I expect about 8 people. We still have room so if anyone wants to come, please email me soon. I expect that I might have a few beverages during tomorrow's games and may not respond very diligently to any last minute emails. Ha.

Sang
wb3ffv, I'm sorry you weren't able to reach me. I didn't get your email. Sorry that you missed. We had a good time. Hope you'll make the next meeting.
Sang
Thanks, guys. I had a lot of fun. I really appreciate you taking time out of a Sunday to do some 2 channel fellowship. The meeting was especially worthwhile for me since I was able to learn about my room as well as gain some valuable perspectives about my system.

I'd love some more information about the computer software and microphone that we were using. That was very enlightening.

I can't wait to listen to someone else's system.

Sang
I think Howard's suggestion has some merit. I especially like the fact that we could have a web presence that could be helpful to attract more members. In turn, maybe that could be beneficial in the sense that we could get a retailer or manufacturer every once in a while to demo products for us (maybe if they're passing through Maryland). Just my 2 cents.
Just to whet Hzrtwergerger's appetite that much more, the TSM,s were MMe's. They sounded great.

I didn't mean to open can of worms by supporting the website. I'm fine with a low keyed approach using the yahoo groups.

BTW, I'm a huge believer in power cords. I have some Fusion pc's that I'm playing with now. I'd like to shootout some power cords in the future.

Sang
Hartwerger,

Join the yahoo group if you haven't done so already. I think we all have the same type of limitations, but hopefully we can work around them. I'd love to hear you Music Reference amp.

Sang